Monday, June 11, 2007

As John graduates....



Here is my third oldest just after his baccauleate Mass. He had played the piano for the Mass. How appropriate that the piano should be in the background of a picture of him. He lives and breathes music. He is the only teenager I have ever known who will only listen to classical music. Popular music bores him. He started Suzuki piano lessons at age four and what fun we had over the years as I attended each lesson and took notes. It's been a hold-onto-your-hats ride as his gift mysteriously unfolded and our house became filled with music...
Congratulations, John, as you enter this new and exciting time of your life. God is good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful thing, for a young man to listen to classical music rather than 'secular' music.I can only imagine the way in which John's gift has enriched your family life.

Oh my goodness, what a lovely, lovely gift. Thank you for sharing this with us :-)

Denise said...

Congratulations! Such a blessing to have beautiful music in the house. I know you are rightfully proud. God Bless!--Denise

Mimi said...

Congratulations!

Kitchen Madonna said...

Felicitations of all sort and you look great. What a handsome son. And a house filled with music!

Renee said...

Such a lovely photo! And how happy you look. Best wishes to you both!

Micki said...

I'm new to your post and being a piano player (for my own entertainment) I'm thrilled for any mom to have a son/daughter who likes classical. Way To Go!
I also love your side-bar picture "The Music Lesson." So beautiful.

Rosemary said...

Thanks you all very much.

Valerie said...

Congratulations. He's not only talented, but very handsome as well. My oldest daughter has played piano since she was 6, and loves it.