Friday, April 20, 2007

Talent Show and Saint Anthony!!! Again!!

Today my daughter Elizabeth was in her school's talent show. First, she and a group of her friends did a very impressive double dutch jump rope routine. Everybody loved it.

Towards the end, Liz played her cello. She did a great job. I was so proud of her. She played right on pitch and with very nice tone. The kids really liked seeing the "big violin."

I borrowed my daughter's digital camera to take pictures and had planned to post them here. My recollection was that I had brought the camera into the school, then stopped in the foyer and put my things down in order to give my girls their pizza money. I thought I even remembered seeing the camera on the floor next to my purse and making a mental note to remember to pick it up. I then went to the room where our Moms in Prayer group meets. As I got up to leave that room I realized I didn't have the camera. I went back to the foyer and it wasn't where I thought I had left it. I asked in the office. No one had turned it in. I started to worry. I called on my dear friend, Saint Anthony. I asked him to please let it be found.

So there I sat during the talent show watching my daughter doing this great job and no camera to record it. I also started thinking about how I would tell my older daughter that I had lost her camera and how much would it cost to replace it. I pleaded with Saint Anthony. After the show I talked to him again. I checked in the office again. No camera. I asked myself how certain was I that I had left my camera in the foyer. I remember thinking I was about 99% sure it was there. I continued to talk to Saint Anthony.

When I got to my car I didn't even look for the camera. I was sure I had left it in the hall. About half-way home I thought, well, I guess I should look around just in case. I looked on the floor and right next to my seat was the camera. It was one of those Saint Anthony moments. How did he do that??!! I thought, did he actually transport it??!! I don't know. I was so certain I had brought it in and Saint Anthony does do these things. He has done them before for me.

So, thank you , Saint Anthony, once again for finding the camera and for all the many, many things you have helped me find over the years. You are such a good friend and such an amazing saint.

4 comments:

Stevie Moon said...

Wow - what a great story! I'm begging St. Anthony to help me find an important file at work. He's making me work for this one but I have no doubt it'll turn up soon! Found you through the Catholic Mother's Blogroll! Can't wait to read more from you!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I'm so glad the camera showed up! :) Oh...and I'm so jealous about the cello -- I always wanted to learn how to play the cello!

Mairin :o) said...

That's a great example of answers to prayers. What a relief for you.

Mimi said...

The talent show sounds wonderful, and Thanks be to God you found the camera!