Thursday, April 12, 2007

Queen of the angels, Queen of the May


I'm working on a May Crowning for our parish this year with a wonderful group of women who all love our Blessed Mother. What an honor it is to be a part of this effort.
She is the Queen.....
Queen of love,
Queen of mercy,
Queen of peace,
Queen of angels,
Queen of patriarchs and prophets,
Queen of apostles and martyrs,
Queen of confessors and virgins,
Queen of all saints,
Queen conceived without original sin,
Queen assumed into heaven,
Queen of all the earth
Queen of heaven,
Queen of the universe......
Mary, mother of God, pray for us!!!!!

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, how wonderful! I've been blessed to do this the past several years with the Daughters of Isabella. We have an annual one and this year I've been asked to help again, but I really wish others would want to...ONLY because they don't know what they are missing! It brings one so much closer to her after doing this for awhile and you feel like Jesus is just smiling all over Himself! Right? :)

Mimi said...

Have you heard the Orthodox Akathist service to the Theotokos? Is is very similar.

What a lovely thing you are doing.

Rosemary said...

Suzanne, we have so much in common, it's funny. this is the first official May Crowning in our parish. I hope it will be good.
Mimi, no, I haven't heard about the orthodox service. I bet it's wonderful!

Valerie said...

I remember the May crownings from my childhhod, and absolutely loved them. My first name is actually Mary, and I was born in a Marian year (1954), plus I was born in May, so I've always felt a special closeness to Mary. Beautiful picture!

Rosemary said...

mkm, I was born in 54 too and October so I've felt the same way.

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Beautiful picture!