Sunday, April 22, 2007

My son has a new Catholic blog!!


New Blog Alert!!

After seeing his mom blog for the last ten months, my son James has started his own blog. He chose the words "Not a jedi yet" all run together of course, for his address because this expression is kind of a family joke. It started on a family vacation.... anyway, whenever someone is given a strong compliment or does something great after all the accolades someone adds, "...BUT, you are not a jedi yet!" Guess you had to be there, or be a family that has seen a lot of Star Wars movies.

Jim is such a great kid that I'm really excited that he's starting a blog. We went to our parish's Lifeteen Mass tonight. On the way there, there was an old song on the radio. Was it called, "If only you believed?" You know, the chorus goes, "If only you believed like I believed, baby, like I believed...etc." There's another line, "If only you believed in miracles, so would I." Teasing, I said to Jim, "Do you believe in miracles?" He looked at me incredulous and said, "Yeah." (like that was kind of a stupid question.) Then he added, "We're going to see one right now." I could cry.

Anyway, check it out " A Catholic Teen's Thoughts . "

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh! My goodness! Is there some priestly calling in this young man's blood, by any chance? How absolutely breath-taking to come from a young man's mouth and heart. Hmmm....
Prayers!

Cath said...

Congratulations on raising such a wonderful young man. I look forward to seeing what he has to say.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Congratulations to him! Love the title--they're all Star Wars fans in this house. (Notice I said "they." I'm not one of them! But I guess I am a fan by association)

Kitchen Madonna said...

I'm going right over. We want dancing pictures and thoughts!

Amber said...

I hope my children will have such understanding and appreciation when they are older...

Going to check out his blog!

Suzanne said...

Rosemary,
I just read your son's first post about Uganda. I have commented to him...he is a good person. I did not know about this. So much we need to know and we get so bombarded with so much it is hard to pull it apart and know where to do what. Still, when I see something like this, I think God wants us to do something here and there...that is all He asks and it will be a blessing both ways. I will soon tell my teens about your son's blog and hope they visit him there...he is a good educator! :)
PS They already know some teens from your state too. ;)