Friday, March 09, 2007

The Music Lesson, Suzuki memories

Have you noticed the painting on my sidebar now? (techno-mama that I am, I actually accomplished this:-)

I love this painting by Frederic Leighton. I have been to so many Suzuki music lessons with my children where Mom takes notes and helps in home practising, that this picture just brought back so many happy memories of seeing and helping my children learn an instrument. In our case-- violin, piano, and cello. Hope you like it. It also just captures the spirit of mothering, doesn't it?

5 comments:

Mimi said...

I love it, it's gorgeous.

Suzanne said...

It sure is a lovely piece of art with motherly spirit.

Anonymous said...

I had a small print of this hanging in my living room for years -- I wonder where I tucked it? It is, indeed, lovely.

Rosemary said...

Ruthann, how nice. I think I may look for a print of it too.

Jennifer said...

I noticed that picture and thought it was so touching and showed the love between a mother and a child.