Friday, December 15, 2006

Weird, new stuff

I met with my dad's attorney today to talk about the estate. I'm learning a lot of new stuff. I've never been very interested in financial stuff and always just took my dad's advice whenever a question came up. Now I've got to learn about it.

I went to my dad's house to get some papers and pick up some things. It felt very strange to be in there with him gone. Once in a while it seemed like there was a faint fragrance of my mother, although whe hasn't been in that house for over 10 years. She had been in a nursing home with advanced alzheimer's for over ten years. It may me wonder, in a good way, if she might in some way be spiritually present watching me, along with my dad. It brought tears to my eyes as I realized that if it's possible to do that from heaven I'm sure they would want to. Maybe they were there.

Tomorrow I drive to Notre Dame to pick up my son for the Christmas holiday. That will be fun, fun, fun. I hope he will say a rosary with me at the grotto.

4 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Rosemary, it sure sounds like your mom was making her presence known to you. It must have been so comforting.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

How sweet that your mom's presence could still be felt in your family home.

Give my regards to ND while you're there! I sure do miss it. Have a safe journey.

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Esther and Barb. It was comforting. Barb, do I recall that you're an alumni?

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Yes; I went there for grad school 1987-88. It was a difficult, wonderful year.