Saturday, November 04, 2006

Well... it didn't turn out to be as great a day as I expected. Everything was going well. It looked like he would have no trouble when they pulled out the vent tube since he had already been breathing on his own for an hour. But when they pulled it out his lungs started developing a lot of secretions. He couldn't cough them up effectively enough and his oxygen levels started dropping too low so they had to reinsert it! He only had it out for about 15 minutes. I'm hoping this is an example of 3 steps forward, 1 backward.

We did have a good visit anyway. Liz drew Grandpa 4 new pictures for the wall-- a pumpkin, a snowman, a flower scene, and a turkey, complete with "To Grandpa" "I love you" "From Liz" messages. He seemed to really like them.

We also brought a cd of John playing the piano which they let us play on the computer in his room. He really liked that too, gesturing to the nurse that his grandson was only 17. He's so proud of him.

I'm so exhausted when I get home from these trips I can barely read anybody's posts. I'm sorry. I'll catch up when things calm down.

Thank you for all of your prayers.

5 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Rosemary, sorry about the set backup. Hopefully, it is only a temporary one. Please take care of yourself too.

Colleen said...

I've been off-line for a few days, so I haven't been able to keep up with your news.

Still sending prayers your way. . .

Mimi said...

Lord have Mercy - continued prayers.

ukok said...

So sorry that your Dad has had this setback, I was reading you through bloglines over the weekend and it looked like he was improving somewhat. I continue to pray for your father and for all concerned.

Rosemary said...

Thank you all. He's stable. They're still trying to diagnose the cause of his respiratory problems...