Thursday, September 07, 2006

Painting the downstairs.

My family room is all torn up. The kitchen is in disarray because we are trying to paint it a little at a time. And the living room is in chaos because stuff is moved out there from the other two rooms. It's been like this for several weeks now and I'm getting very, very frustrated.

OK. Advice to myself: This is an opportunity to develop patience. It is an opportunity to take an attitude of surrender. In some parts of the world people do not live in the peace and security that I enjoy. All I need to endure is a little (a lot!) of visual chaos that is temporary and of no consequence, except that it will eventually make my house look a lot better. This is a good thing. It is not something to grumble about. What a minor sacrifice to make for just a limited period of time. How unwilling I am to not have what I want, when I want it.

Tomorrow I will try to have a better attitude-- for my sake and for the sake of my family, and most of all, because the Lord has told me quite specifically to rejoice always.
God is good.

4 comments:

Lori said...

BTDT! It is hard though. To get something like that accomplished everything is so tore up. You just want to hurry up and get it done so things can get back to normal.

Just think of how beautiful it will be when it's all done!

Rosemary said...

I will. Thanks, Lori.

Mimi said...

Patience is hard, isn't it. Prayers for peace.

Salome Ellen said...

Patience seems to be the theme of the day! I was just reading at this blog about Rebecca's latest run-in with the need. (Her daughter-in-law was two of my daughters' roomate at AMU; Paul was in a bad car accident last fall.) It's always a matter of perspective -- hopefully God's!