Saturday, September 30, 2006

Could it have been an angel?

Did I see an angel?

One very harried day I had all of my children as well as some of their friends at Wendy's. The situation seemed very chaotic as we sat down, distributed fries, filled little cups with ketchup. etc. I was feeling overwhelmed. I had 8 or 9 young children with a lot of energy and the responsibility was weighing upon me heavily.

I suddenly noticed a lovely woman in a pure white suit sitting right next to us, looking intently at me and smiling. I had not seen her come in. My first thought was, "You're awfully brave sitting that close to us." I was thinking of her suit and our ketchup. She continued to smile and simply said, "Your children are very well behaved." Immediately I felt so encouraged, as though a burden had been lifted from me. I don't remember her leaving. The image of her smile came back to me many times that day and in the days and years to follow.

Could she have been an angel? The fact that, many years later, I still have a recall of a woman who "just happened" to sit next to us at Wendy's makes me think maybe she was.

2 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

She sure sounds like an angel.

Anonymous said...

Why not, Rosemary? Why not..that is a better question, wouldn't you say? :)
Beautiful! Suzanne...SincerelyMyThoughts