Saturday, September 09, 2006

Brad Pitt, you can't be serious.

So Brad Pitt won't marry Angelina Jolie (is that her real name??) until the restrictions on who can marry whom are dropped. "Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able," he said in Esquire magazine.

I could care less whether or not Brad marries Angelina. I'm a Christian and I am called to not judge others. But when an actor makes a public statement this inane I think he's fair game.

Brad, puhleeze. Did you actually say this to Angelina with a straight face??? (no pun intended-- really) Well, this gets you off the hook for a really long time, don't you think? Like forever? And I notice that when everyone is legally able, that's when you and Angelina will "consider" marrying. You're not even willing to commit to actually marrying then!

Brad, is this stand of yours going to bring about marriage rights for homosexuals? How, exactly? No one cares who you marry. And no one cares if you're in favor of homosexual so-called marriage. You remind me of John Lennon and Yoko Ono bringing the press into their bedroom so they could say on camera to "give peace a chance." They seemed to think that this statement of theirs would suddenly open people's eyes to the goodness of peace, and then people would try peace, and then there would be peace in the world. Even the diehard hippies had to snicker a little.

Brad, I think you just don't care enough about the woman who is the mother of your child to be willing to commit to staying with her forever. After all, what if you stop liking her? What if she starts to bug you? What if you had to personally sacrifice for her and your children?

What if you actually had to be a man?

7 comments:

Amy said...

You Go Girl!

EC Gefroh said...

Alright Rosemary!! I was hoping someone would post on this.

Anonymous said...

Love what you said, Rosemary! So true.

(Thanks for visiting my blog, by the way!)

Anonymous said...

This just proves that even though he may be famous all over the world and he may have loads of money the man does not have one really good friend. A good friend would've told him to please not ever say something so ridiculous in public...sigh
The only thing crazier would be if she really admires him for being willing to take this "stand"

Lori said...

Oh my goodness! I haven't paid any attention to the news lately and didn't know this. Wow, he needs to get a clue! That's hollywood for ya.

Colleen said...

Good analogy, the John and Yoko thing.

I was wrong, I guess, because I had predicted this whole "marriage rights" thing would go the other way. I thought those liberal trendsetters would start getting married, as a sign that marriage is the "in" thing now. Ironic, isn't it? All those Hollywood folks who forever had written off marriage as "just a piece of paper," and something they were too sophisticated for. Now it's suddenly become this inalienable right for two (or more!) of any combination of mammal to be legally recognized as a unit. How noble, to abstain from marriage until everyone is granted the right. [GAG!]

I can see Brad and his ilk, patting themselves on the back for finding such a convenient way around having to commit to one person in a permanent relationship!

Rosemary said...

I guess to be fair we must acknowledge that it could be Angelina's idea as much or even more than Brad's. Either could be using this as an excuse to not make the commitment their baby deserves. Yeah, I can see them patting themselves on the back. Course they may be so deceived they actually, at least on the surface of their thoughts, think they are taking some kind of a noble stand. The demons must be very amused. Thanks for all your comments.