Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Son Michael-- 31 Years..


Those of you who know Mike personally know that his birthday is not today. I don't always get to things on my blog right away. And, I am not going to give identity thieves information that might aid in their cowardly and dastardly deeds. :-)

Mike is my firstborn son who recently turned thirty-one years old. He is three in the picture below.


I believe he specially liked that shirt. (But maybe it was I who especially liked it.)

Mike's favorite color when he was about that age was orange. Yes, orange. He was a lively guy.

Never stopped moving from the moment he was conceived, I am sure. Before birth it was constant movement. Same thing after birth.

Mike lifted his head and looked forward while still in the hospital. I am not kidding. The nurses were flabbergasted. They had never seen that before. Two nurses were walking down the hall wanting to check something from the window. They stopped at our room and said, "Oh, this is Michael's room. We can look out his window." I guess he was already making friends in the nursery. Yes, that's Mike. Now he knows people everywhere. In Europe he would run into people he knew. It was incredible. The man has probably more friends than anyone else I know.

As a toddler Mike never stopped moving. Never. Not for a second.

I suppose that explains the energy he now has for dancing, oh, maybe four or five hours without a break at weddings?

So here he is at thirty-one with his lovely fiance Esther.



The photo below is minutes after they met for the very first time. Good move, Mike, asking Esther to dance. Very good move.


I think Esther has the energy and stamina to keep up with Mike. And that's a good thing. She has many other good qualities as well, which I will probably go into another time.

So Mike is thirty-one years old. It doesn't quite seem like yesterday that he was born, but it sure doesn't feel like thirty-one years.

My life was forever changed on that day and all for the better. (Motherhood is my favorite writing topic.)

Mike, may God bless you today and all the days of your life. May all your prayers be answered, and may you be rewarded for all the joy and love you have brought to our family these thirty-one years.

No comments: