Friday, February 10, 2012

What is up with the new "accommodation" to Catholics in regard to the HHS mandate?? I listened to the news clip and thought I don't get it. I don't see any difference from the original mandate. Apparently there is a fine-line difference but, frankly, I don't see how any layer of paperwork absolves Catholic organizations from cooperating with evil. If this is a genuine compromise perhaps someone can explain it to me. My first reaction? "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...." Looks like smoke and mirrors to me.

SBrinkmann at Women of Grace has summed up the reactions of some key people. I found the quotes very helpful. Here is how it starts...(picture is theirs too. I couldn't copy the quote without the picture, for some reason.)

Anyone who believes President Obama just compromised on the government’s plan to coerce religious employers to provide free contraception to employees is either “naive or gullible” says the Co-Chair of the Congressional Pro-Life Caucus.

According to LifeSiteNews.com, Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ) said the “accommodation” announced by President Barack Obama today is nothing more than “the discredited old policy, dressed up to look like something else. It remains a serious violation of religious freedom. Only the most naïve or gullible would accept this as a change in policy.”

Read the entire article here. (And I recommend you do.)

It looks like smoke and mirrors to me. I don't like it. And I don't trust our President for a minute. I think he's looking for a way to get himself out of hot water while still keeping happy his beloved Planned Parenthood.

We have to VOTE THIS GUY OUT OF OFFICE!! I'm sorry. I have had enough.

Since when does the president of the United States have the authority to make laws? Congress makes laws and this mandate in either form would not have passed Congress. In fact, the entire health care bill itself would not have been law if Obama had not deceived Bart Stupak into believing that he would prevent abortion funding in the new law. The President cannot be trusted. I don't know how else to say it.

But presenting as law something that an unelected official (Kathleen Sebelius) simply wrote in as a regulation is a violation of the Constitution. READ THE CONSTITUTION!!! Only Congress can make laws.

But this president does not respect the Constitution nor does he abide by it. And, needless to say, he does not respect life!!!!!

No comments: