Tuesday, September 14, 2010


God is so indulgent with us.

Lately I have been enjoying the view from my bedroom window while lying in bed at night. It's not a window with a view by most standards. It looks over some rooftops. But from my pillow I can look up and see the stars and sometimes even the moon. I love moonlight.

I often think, as I look at the glorious sky, how anyone could doubt the existence of God. How could such beauty be an accidental arrangement of molecules. My home never looks good by accident. It only looks good through deliberate effort on the part of me and my family. Deliberate effort. Doesn't happen by accident. And my home compares in no way at all to the glory of the universe.

Blessed be God. May all come to recognize his goodness and his greatness.

No comments: