Monday, October 27, 2008

The birthday celebrations


Because my husband is working afternoons at the moment, everyone was not home at the same time for a family birthday party for both John and Mike.

Sooo... John had a party on the actual day as depicted below, and Mike had a party on Saturday with his favorite Dutch apple pie instead of cake.

I may post the recipe for this pie.  (Maybe I already have sometime in the past?  It's my favorite pie in the world!!!)

Anyway, since I was too busy having parties for these guys to write them a birthday tribute I will do it today:

5 things I really appreciate about my husband:

1.  He has blessed me with 6 beautiful children.
2.  He has supported me in my role as a stay-at-home mom and has never suggested in any way that I should work outside the home.
3.  He has an amazing engineering ability-  a way of just knowing how things work.
4.  He is very patient.
5.  He rarely says anything negative about anyone.

5 things I really appreciate about my son John:

1.  He has a gentle, sensitive soul.
2.  He has an awesome smile. (see picture below).
3.  He has an amazing musical ability and he shares it with others (music ministry at church, accompanying, playing just for others' enjoyment.)
4.  He has an incredibly inquiring mind.
5.  He plays the piano like a man. (strength, energy, passion)

Just to name a few.....






May the Lord bless these two special guys today and all the days of their lives!!

7 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

God bless them both...

Lyndsie Miles said...

What wonderful men to be blessed with!

Lori said...

What a blessed woman you are!!

Sarah - Kala said...

How sweet your life is! God surely loves you very much!! BTW, love your apron, girl! KM sure has a gifted touch with those aprons.

Kellan said...

They sound like wonderful men - you have a beautiful family!

Take care- Kellan

Suzanne said...

Rosemary,
Are you still having a problem reading the post on my blog. I've asked others and they say that they can read it. Would you peek again and see what goes?
Sorry to bug you about it, but I don't know what went wrong.
Thanks, Suz

Munchkins and Music said...

Happy Happy Birthday! That pie looks great! My hubby doesn't like cake so he get's pie also!