Monday, September 10, 2007

Will Jim play? Prayer Request

Will Jim play football today? On Friday he strained his knee. By the time he got home it was just a slight limp. The doctor has looked at it. Nothing is torn, nothing broken. He was told to rest, elevate it, ice it, compression bandage, motrin, etc. The doc said if he feels up to playing on Monday he can play. He said only he can tell if he's ready to play because only he can really know how it feels. He took good care of it this weekend. He was really good because he so badly wants to play. He even stayed off it most of the time.

OK. Here's my prayer. May the Lord protect his knee. If he can play safely, may he be able to play. If he does play may he be protected from further injury to this vulnerable spot. May the Lord give him wisdom about what is the right thing to do. (I told him to not be a hero. If he plays and gets hurt worse he's not doing his team any favor. I also warned about long term consequences of an injury. He agreed) Oh Lord, may he play only if he can do so safely....

10 comments:

Mimi said...

May God guide Jim, the coaches, and you to make the best decision!

christine M said...

I pray that everything works out for the best. I posted your prayer request at onecameback.blogspot.com

Daniel Newville said...

I am praying for Jim!

Colleen said...

I pray that Jim listens to God, if God says NO. ;-)

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much for your prayers. He did play and without pain, no limp, etc. He ran for THREE touchdowns (although two were called back because of penalties) He played another excellent game and thanks be to God... no injury. Thank you again for praying.

Jean Heimann said...

I prayed for this and added it to my online prayer intentions.

EC Gefroh said...

That is good news Rosemary. I too was praying for all the intentions in the One Came Back blog.

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, being a Brit I don't really understand the sport, but I so understand the injury and the pain! Reading through your comment in this com box, I am so pleased for Jim that he got to play and without further injury!

(I had read this post through bloglines and was adding my prayers to yours, but have been intermittently online due to a fault with my broadband and couldn't let you know).

Deb X

Rosemary said...

Thank you so much, Jean, Esther, and Deb. Deb, you have to be a Brit to not really understand the sport. It's actually pretty complicated and I'm just getting to understand some of the more complex rules.

Rosemary said...

I meant You DON'T have to be a Brit to not really understand it. I don't really understnd it :-) either.