Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My oldest son

Today is my oldest son's birthday. He's 22. It seems impossible that that many years have passed since his birth, but I can do the math. He's a great guy and I'm very proud to be his mother.

So I went on a mother-mission today. I'm defining a mother mission as an event, performance, party, road trip, celebration or any kind of occurrence that stirs within me maternal pride and joy. On such days I usually wear my mother's pendant. It is a silver heart with the birthstones of each of my children attached to it. I wore it today.

Today, together with my three daughters, I went to Indiana to see my oldest and celebrate his birthday. It was a 4 hour trip each way. It was a lot of driving and a lot of fun. We had dinner in a cozy restaurant that had delicious food. My husband and two other sons could not come so our group was incomplete, but still I was filled with sweet contentment to be with my first born on the anniversary of his birth, the day I first became a mother. It was the day my life was forever changed for the better

4 comments:

Renee said...

My oldest son just turned 13, and I know in a blink he'll be 22. Glad you could be with him, I know how much that means!

Anonymous said...

Tell Mike I said hi when you see him. I just got back in the U.S. from Spain and am enjoying catching up with everyone. God Bless, see you around. -Austin A

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom, Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»