Friday, July 10, 2015

When You Have Procrastinated Getting Your Hair Cut Forever

So....I tend to procrastinate when it comes to getting my hair cut. Maybe it's because I'm cheap. Maybe I'm distracted. Maybe my attention is just usually focused on other things. Maybe I'm lazy. Whatever.

Several months ago I realized it was high time for a haircut. But I measured my tresses and realized they were almost long enough to donate to Locks of Love, a non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to disadvantaged children under age 21, suffering from long term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. You need to be able to put your hair in ten inch ponytail/s to donate.

Well, since I was almost there I decided to grow it a little longer. After all, at my age, very soon no one is going to want my hair. And why not let something good come from my lack of diligence, whatever the cause, in tending to my hair.
Here I was the morning of my appointment.

Definitely had the ten inch minimum.

And here I am after a sweet haircut from Anastasia Sendo at You Only Better Salon in Ypsilanti.

It's not too as short I thought it would need to be. And some dear child gets to use my hair. Win-win.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

What a great gesture, and you look fabulous.

Rosemary said...

Aww, thanks, Mimi. It's a lot easier to care for. That's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did let it grow long! It was beautiful too and you aren't even gray..my goodness! ;) Well, I like it shorter also and yes it was a win win. Good to see you Rosemary. Suzanne M.

Rosemary said...

You too, Suzanne. Thank you!