Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year to all!!

I'm trying to get back to blogging. Since we made the reservations for Florida I feel like I've been on overdrive, frantically trying to keep up with Christmas, traveling, and guests.

Above is my family with Grandma whom we flew to Florida to visit. She had a tripod!! So we were able to take a picture of everyone together. This was 12/23. We took the picture in the morning, had an 8x10 print made at the drugstore in the afternoon. put it in a frame and gave it to her for Christmas that night when we had our Christmas dinner. I think she really liked it. Even the frame! She asked where we had gotten it. (the same drugstore:-)

I had very little done when we made these reservations. I did finish the Christmas shopping and with a lot of help got the decorations and the tree up. Then we went to Florida for 4 days. Came back on Christmas Eve on the same airlines and to the same airport (Detroit) that the "crotch bomber" came in on a day later. That felt a little close.

On Christmas my brother and his family came over for dinner, And my friend Sandy (daughter of my mother's old roommate in the nursing home whom I met by a coincidence too unlikely to not be providential) came over too. Anne, who had to work came over later with her fiance Zach.

The next day was my sweet daughter Mary's birthday! Also, my sister and her two sons arrived and were able to stay until the second. It was great so spend time with them.

And my oldest son Mike stayed through New Year's too. It was wonderful.

So, I've been busy enjoying family and never even got near my computer since my last post. Now, I'm feeling pretty tired but trying to get back on track.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and my you all have a Blessed New Year!!


2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Rosemary, Glad you had such a lovely family Christmas...I am so thankful that you and your family were protected ..I believe you said your prayers, dear! Wow.

Sarah - Kala said...

So glad you got home safe and had time well spent!!!! Family together is family fun!!!!