Thursday, April 16, 2009

How God is loving me today...

Two birds are building nests on my house-- one on the front porch light, very visible from our front window, and one on some kind of control box just outside my kitchen window.  Both are robins.  How sweet is that.

Unfortunately, my husband says we need to remove the one on the porch light.  I told him, but mama-birdie needs a place to lay her eggs.  He was unmoved.   He thinks it could be a fire hazard.  He's probably right.  I'm not going to question a safety concern.

But the other one will probably stay, unless mama robin gets too freaked by activity in the kitchen.


For what seemed like months my bird feeder remained untouched by birds and even squirrels.  It seemed to be invisible to them.  Then suddenly the birds found it and shortly thereafter the squirrels found a route to it that seemed effortless to them.  I don't like squirrels.  They're furry rodents.  I know they're God's creatures too but they're just not among my favorites--- not even this one with his little praying hands, as he no doubt makes plans to rob my bird feeder



Nevertheless, squirrel invaders and all, I still have this delightful view out my front window.  They're coming frequently now, birds of many kinds.

Birds feeding against a blue sky, sunshine, relatively warm weather, and a seventeen-year-old who's going to Mass with me this morning.....

God is good.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Birdies and young people wanting or willing to go to Mass on a weekday..nothing else like it, Rosemary...nothing! :)

Sarah - Kala said...

This reminds me that I need to add bird suet to my list. I stopped putting out seed (in those cheap tubes) 'cos the squirrels finally found our house and kept destroying them (not just the feed holes, but they'd chew off the hanging device). I gave up after the third one went down.

Mimi said...

Amen! God is Good!

How beautiful

Lyndsie Miles said...

I love watching birds. I like watching them... it is so peaceful!