Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Weight Loss Wednesday Woes

Accountability Numbers

This Week:  UP 2.5 pounds (YIKES)

Overall:  Down 7.5 pounds

OK.  What's my explanation?  Well, I was thinking maybe there was some water retention involved since I woke up last night thirsty and drank a big glass of water at about 4:00.

I know there's something paradoxical about water.  Weight Watchers always says if you want to not retain water you need to drink enough water.  Makes sense to me.  If your body doesn't have enough, it's going to hang on to what it has.

BUT, I would be less than transparent if I did not also acknowledge that the birthday cake pictured below could also provide some explanation.

Here is the Sanders Bumpy Cake.  I guess Sanders is a Michigan company.  These cakes are really good.  I love the frosting and the bumps of cream frosting are, in a word, YUMMY!!


Well, I thought I had done pretty well considering how much I love this cake and considering that I never have it in the house under normal circumstances because of the binge potential.  I had two pieces on my birthday... and two other pieces, one on each of two other days.  I actually thought that was pretty controlled, especially considering how much I wanted and how diligently I was resisting.  But, still, if it was all extra calories there was probably at least an extra pound's worth of calories there.  Maybe two?

Well, on to another week.  All is not lost (or gained as the case may be :-).  I will continue my efforts, starting with a nice big mug of green tea (unsweetened.

I love this cake.

10 comments:

Mandy said...

You're only human Rosemary! I couldn't (still can't) pass up any type of sweets in my house! It looks delicious! :-) And that's great no pounds added! Happy Birthday!

Sarah - Kala said...

Holy Hannah, that looks de-lish!! I ate two slices of my chocolate cake last night (and, honestly, one with my coffee this AM). Geesh! I never wonder where my pounds are coming on from. :-) I baked the cake and made the frosting from scratch (simply, two sticks of real butter, vanilla, couple of teaspoons of milk, tons of powdered sugar and cocoa). Fattening and delicious!!

Salome Ellen said...

If you stuck to four pieces of BumpyCake in three days, you are amazing. Bet next week you're down all you gained plus a bunch more. That's why splurges are temporary!

Mimi said...

I've been curious what that was.

Drink lots of water, and then drink some more.

Rosemary said...

Thank you, dh. Sweets across the board are my downfall too.
JOT, Wow, your cake sounds awesome. I didn't dare make my own cake because I would have eaten the equivalent of a whole piece just from licking the bowl.
salome ellen, thank you. You're sweet. Hope you're right.

Lyndsie Miles said...

You have to have some treats! What would life be without it!
That cake looks awesome! Do you think they would ship one to Utah?
You're dedicated, you'll be back down in no time!
Let me know what you think about tonights debate.

cropangel said...

in time it will make it so that you can just have a bite or two and be satisfied. you are doing goo though and like mandy said you are human.

Rosemary said...

Lyndsie, they might ship them. I'll let you know if I find out. (I'll also let you know what I think of the debate. And you let me know what you think too.)
Cropangel, thanks for the encouragement.

Munchkins and Music said...

That cake looks amazing! I rreeaalllyy want some chocolate now..

Anonymous said...

Yummy cake! Congrats on the overall weightloss!