Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Extraordinary Nurse


Some time ago I think I wrote about how my daughter has won the Daisy Award for Extraordinary Nursing.

Yesterday she was presented with the award by the chief nursing officer of the hospital.

Was I a proud mama or what!!!!  It was hard not to cry through the whole thing.  (But I had plenty of Kleenex.)

They said the nicest things (all true, of course) about my sweet daughter Anne.

I resisted mentioning that Anne had fainted the first time her own blood was drawn.  LOL  You never know what path the Lord will lead you down.  At the time of that first blood draw I never dreamed that little more than a decade later she would be receiving an award for extraordinary nursing.  

Now I am not at all surprised.  She worked really hard in school and worked at the hospital the whole time as a tech.  She's done it all.  And her gentle, tender heart serves her well as she really cares about her patients.

We couldn't be more proud of her.




7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Very very wonderful!

Lyndsie Miles said...

What a wonderful honor! You must be a proud Mama! I would be!

Mimi said...

Congratulations!

Remember, no heart palpitations to support her this time, ok?

Sarah - Kala said...

Once again, Congratulations to a wonderful duo!!! You ladies rock!!

Anonymous said...

Rose, you deserve congratulations, too! Each and every one of your children is a treasure, and you and your husband get a good deal of the credit. I, for one, feel so blessed to know your family. A hearty congratulations to Ann!

Rosemary said...

Thank you all so much. Mimi, That's so funny. I'm trying not to. Ruthann, you're so sweet. Remember I only write about the good stuff on my blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anne, you are certainly a daughter for your mother to be proud of!