Friday, September 26, 2008

My daughter has won the Daisy Award for Outstanding Nursing


(Warning:  maternal bragging.....)


My daughter has won the Daisy Award for Outstanding Nursing!

I am so proud of her!!!!!!

She was nominated by one of her patients and then chosen for the award by the hospital administration.

Sorry. I just had to write about this. She's only been a nurse for a few months. She said she actually feels bad because only one other nurse on her floor has ever won the award and many of her coworkers have been nurses longer than she's been alive. My maternal response? "You must be one GOOD nurse." Woohooo. You go, Anne!!!!

12 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

Toot away!! I love it! Congrats to your beautiful daughter!!

Suzanne said...

Yes, ma'am...its okay...toot away! :)
Yeah for good Catholic nurses!!!

Mimi said...

Congratulations! Mom bragging is encouraged ;)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That's great!!! And how wonderful that a patient nominated her.

Kellan said...

DO NOT apologize for bragging on your accomplished children - we want to hear about the great things they do and all that you want to share that is going on in their lives!!! Congrats to your daughter - that is wonderful!

Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kellan, please don't apologise for sharing this wonderful news with us. If we are all freinds, and we are, then why wouldn;t we talk about our kids and their achievements, just like in real life?

I am so happy for your daughter, congratulations to her. She is definately the kind of nurse that i would want to be looking after me or my loved ones if we were hospitalised, sadly to many nurses what they do is more like a chore and not like a vocation at all.

Yippeee for Anne!

Abby said...

Congrats to your daughter way to go! We love nurses at our house!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Anne! I know I would like you as my nurse! Thanks for letting us know, Rose. I love it when you tell us about your kids. They are a wonderful reflection of you and Mike. Pat

Mandy said...

That's fabulous and you have every right to brag. She's a pretty girl!

Kitchen Madonna said...

She is a pretty girl and must have a big heart too! Kind eyes, strong hands, angelic nurse!

Lyndsie Miles said...

Brag away! What a great accomplishment! Loving nurses are always A+ in my book!

cropangel said...

you should brag and feel great about what your kids accomplish!!