Friday, September 26, 2008

McCain grandstanding? Come on!

Why would John McCain ask for a postponement of the debate for political reasons.  He has way too much to lose to do that.

This first debate is on his strongest topic.  If the debate does not go on or if it goes on without him, he loses one of his best chances to demonstrate his leadership in a very important area.

McCain knows he's being paid by the people of Arizona to be their senator.  He has an obligation. This is not just an important bill.  It's a crisis of enormous magnitude.  McCain has a record of being able to work out compromises with people on both sides of the aisle.  He knows he has a responsibility to his country.  If McCain's return to Washington demonstrates anything it's that he's a committed public servant.  Obama prepares for a debate that could put him in the White House while McCain works behind the scenes to use his skills as a statesman to get this country out of a crisis.

Obama seems to forget that he's a sitting U.S. Senator.  

9 comments:

Lyndsie Miles said...

I absolutely agree!

catholicandgop said...

I agree. I wish my Senator would remember that he is still supposed to be working for me, not just for himself.

Mimi said...

I think there is plenty of political grandstanding to go around in this current mess. Grrrrr.

Gombojav Tribe said...

I'm with ya!

Rosemary said...

Mimi, I hope you're not growling at me.... (Yikes)

Suzanne said...

Mimi doesn't growl! LOL! Well, not at you..no matter what! ;)

Mimi said...

Tee hee, not at you, never. I'm growling at the political grandstanding.

Sorry.

tammi said...

I read your comments on Kellan's "On the Flipside" post from a few days ago and found your perspective refreshing. I was a little surprised how many comments indicated the belief that basically all teens are drinking and having sex, "so the best we can do is make sure they're safe." Ugh, no wonder the moral fabric of our countries is unraveling. I'm glad you stood up and stated your opposition to mainstream parenting.

Rosemary said...

Mimi, I'm so glad. LOL Valleygirl, I was flabberghasted at that post. I'm totally with you. Thanks for your support.