Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The house is empty....but the heart is very full.


Dear friend Ann K. came to the house today to help me finish it up.  She made us smoothies at the only outlet that fit her plug.

We had them with our lunch in the family room. 
 

There are a lot of memories in this room.  It's a big airy room.  This is where we would celebrate Christmas or any event really.  This is the room we hung out as a family in the most often.


Last meal in the house...


This view is taken from the back door.  

Other views of the house.....



And for the last time I locked the door and left my family home.   Within a few weeks it will no longer exist.  And by Spring there will be an entirely different house with the number "1500."

It was a day of many tears.  A chapter of my life has ended.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and kind words of support.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love you dear friend...you help us to appreciate things more. I even got tickled when I saw you sitting at the folding tray for lunch though..that table looks exactly like the same set my mom and dad had of folding tables. Anyway, just so you know, I appreciate that you were and are a grateful daughter for what you had..we just all need to remember to be that way. I know it was hard. Hug!

Mandy said...

I was a little choked up reading this post. What great memories you must have had and to end with a smoothie and a good friend, beautiful!

Kellan said...

It's a great house, Rosemary - I'm so sorry! You are in my thoughts! Kellan

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I'm glad you had the chance to say a loving goodbye to a place where you had so many wonderful memories.

Sarah - Kala said...

Wow. My heart hugs to you!!

Abby said...

OH that's tough good for you to end it on a happy note.

Anonymous said...

I'm so wanting to hug you right now. I can only hope and pray that the new house will be a place which may be the vessel through which as many joyous memories are created and held on to by the new residents....as you and your family have created and held on to in this place you once called home.

God Bless you and I pray for God's grace be unto you and your family in these difficult days.