Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things....

Deb from UKOK's Place has invited us to share our favorite things.  Sooo.......here are a few of my favorite things.....


If my descriptions are not in line with the right photos, I apologize.  My laptop doesn't seem to do this well.  I post pictures and it puts them in odd places and overlaps them, etc.  I don't get it.  Hope this is readable.

Here is the grandfather clock that belonged to my father's parents.  I love the chime and very much associate it with my grandparents' house.


The picture below is captioned:

"He Shall Hear My Voice"

 "Evening, and morning, and noon,
will I pray and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice."  
Psalm 55

  The picture to the right is captioned:

"And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea,
PEACE, BE STILL.
And the wind ceased, and there was great calm."  Mark 4:39            


These flowers on my front walk reseeded themselves from last year.  Love 'em.






The Steinway piano below.  Love it and all the music that comes from it.


The statue of Mary to the right is above my sink.  It so reminds me of my mother and  neighborhood May Crownings when I was a child.
The furniture pictured above belonged to my mother.  


This swing is on my front porch.  I love to sit in it.  I often sit in it when I'm talking on the phone.




So, care to play?  What are your favorite things?

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I love your piano too!

I love these sorts of post, sharing favorite things. It is so much fun. I did this several weeks ago or I would post with you.

Suzanne said...

These are very nice sharings...one day I'll get to this when I find my camera and get Shane to unload it or see if I have room on it..probably do. We have a grandfather clock to.
It belonged to my mom and dad. I love the chimes, as well. I also have a wooden porch swing, but it is in the back. I just sat in it today to phone my other WW friend to let her know of my weight loss! We have alot in common. Gotta run for now!
Have a good day!

Sarah - Kala said...

I am so loving these favourite things! You did a superb job! I can see why you love those things. I could use a porch swing!

Mimi said...

What lovely things around the house!

Kitchen Madonna said...

Everything is lovely just like you. I used to have porch swings and those are worth more than a massage. Talking to your loved ones on one is, well, magic of the best sort.

Can I come? Can I can I can I? LOL

Rosemary said...

You can come, KM!!! Come on up!