Monday, April 21, 2008

Fun bird bath project!!








I have no idea if these photos are going to turn out all right on my post. When I put photos on my MacBook they line up on top of each other and it's only when I look at my blog on a full screen that I see how it really turned out. Soooo, i hope you can see these.

This was the cutest project, done by the sixth graders at my children's school. (Yes, I do have a sixth grader.) They made it to be sold at the annual fundraising dinner auction. It's a large flower pot turned upside down and painted. Then they decorated it with aquarium stones and each child signed their name around the bottom. The bowl of the bird bath is the large saucer that would accompany this large flower pot. You can see they decorated the inside too.

Well, I thought it was SO cute I decided I had to have it. Having paid a ridiculous price for it at the auction, we brought it home and it is now set up on our patio waiting for the first birdie-bathers. The value was listed as priceless. I have to agree. What a nice memento of the school year. ( I think it would make a nice teacher's gift from a class too.)

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Ooooh, it is lovely! I can see why you were smitten!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I think that is such a clever idea...to place the saucer on top of the plant pot...i would never have thought of doing that. I love the design, and i just think its mega cute that the children have written their names on the bird bath too. What a wonderful item to win at auction!

Kellan said...

That is a really cute bird bath - what a great project and cute idea!

Hope you are having a good day - see you soon - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Rose, this IS priceless! What a terrific project for a class. We're in the market for a birdbath, and I think I'll borrow Miss Brown's idea!

Ruthann