Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Alleluia Egg


Every year in our Easter egg hunt we have one golden egg called the "Alleluia Egg."  After refraining from saying alleluia for all of Lent, it is fun to have an egg that serves to remind us that "He is risen, alleluia!!)   There is usually some money in the alleluia egg, thus increasing the incentive for someone to find it.  This year it was $20.00!!  Every year I think  I've hidden the alleluia egg in a tough spot and every year they find it within five minutes.  The rule is the egg has to be visible, at least from some angle, without moving anything.  (This to keep the house from being torn apart:-)

This year I found the best hiding place for it!!   I was in the bathroom and noticed that someone had left a gold candy wrapper in the waste basket.  I put the egg just barely visible under the wrapper.  They must have looked for thirty minutes!!!  Nobody thought of the waste basket.  Finally, we had to eliminate the living room as a possible location, then the kitchen, then 
the dining area.  There was only the family room and little bathroom left.  

Of course, it was my oldest who finally found it. (pictured above).  And he generously allowed the youngest to open it see what was inside.  (Although, of course, he did keep the money himself.  Fair is fair.)  It's a fun tradition.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you, hiding it so well. Sounds like fun!!

Mimi said...

That is a fun tradition!

Rosemary said...

It was fun. And I was like a little kid, thoroughly enjoying their inability to find it for so long.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

How fun!!! I bet it was hilarious (and then maybe painful) to watch them try to find it.

Rosemary said...

It was hilarious, Angie. I couldn't stop laughing.