Wednesday, March 19, 2008



My grandfather painted these paintings after he retired.  I remember his palette and tubes of oil paints in his attic.  I remember watching him paint, fascinated.  He was a violinist and a conductor as well as a teacher.  But when he retired he really enjoyed his oil painting.   Because he left many  paintings behind, my brother, my sister, and I were each able to have some.

The top two pictures were of the house my grandfather designed and had built.  It was my father's family home.  He lived all his childhood there and my grandmother lived there until she died.  I love having these paintings in my family room.

3 comments:

ukok said...

Rosemary, your grandfather was an incredibly talented individual!

Thanks for sharing!

Mimi said...

I agree with Deb, what talent! And, what a blessing that you have some of his paintings!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Rose,

The talent in your family continues to amaze me, as does your humility~being surrounded by such prodigies(did I spell that right?!)

And how meaningful that these are family homes. Once again~WOW!