Friday, December 07, 2007

Losing Weight

I have just completed four weeks of Weight Watcher meetings and I've only lost maybe a half pound. It's not the fault of the program. I'm just not following it. It has worked for me before. But I have to actually do it. When I want to lose pounds more than I want to eat, I will start to lose. It's that simple. My choice.

I just ate three chocolates. Well, at least it wasn't eight chocolates. And they were REALLY good. This is not a good season to resist food.

But I will not forget that while I need to control myself, having an appetite is indeed a gift.

4 comments:

ukok said...

I've never thought of it like that before, Rosemary...that having an appetite is a gift, but yes, you are right :-)

You are also right that it is a struggle at this time of the year to be thinking about cutting back!

(((hugs)))

Alexis said...

Hi! I just wrote a post today about how I finished my after-Rosemary weight loss using Weight Watchers. Strange...Rosemary's and Weight Watchers are in the air. I'll call you back soon - thanks for the offer!
Alexis

Rosemary said...

Ukok, thanks for the hugs:-) There have been times in my life when I was sick for rather long periods of time and that's when I realized that an appetite is really a sign of good health, and thus a blessing. Course, everything can be overdone. teehee

Alexis, that's funny. Rosemarys and Weight Watchers.

Easter Almuena said...

Hi Rosemary,
I am a homeschooling mom too and just recently becoming more active with blogging, well, trying anyway. I visited your blog before and saw beautiful pictures of your son's graduation.

Anyway, I did Weight Watchers several years ago also and yes, it worked for me then. If I go back to that program, I am pretty sure I will not lose weight... ha ha ha... I'm 45 and homeschooling 5 children and loving it! I chuckled over what you said: appetite is a gift. I can totally relate! I guess for me it comes with age too. I see almost everything in my life as a gift. Thanks for the post!:-)