Monday, December 10, 2007

Freezing Rain...

Michigan weather at its most treacherous....well, almost its most treacherous. Our schools weren't closed, but I certainly would have been in favor of closing them. I turned the steering wheel to turn in to my driveway and my car kept going straight. It's pretty yucky.

But the worst part of weather like this is the competition on the freeway to see who will spin off the road first. Why the breakneck speed?? People driving 60 or 70 miles an hour with black ice? I hate feeling pressured to go faster to keep up with cars driven by maniacs. Even the average drivers go a little faster in weather like this than I feel comfortable going. In my best moments I remember to pray for the safety of those who are really driving dangerously.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

Stay safe!

Anonymous said...

I sure wish they had canceled school, too! I prayed as I watched the news this morning because Teddy and several other Madrigals were stranded yesterday in between singing engagements and didn't make it home at all last night, and I didn't want Teddy to have to drive to school from there! (They were at the house of one of the Madrigals.) Instead, my husband and I gathered all of his books and uniform and made the trek in the ice ourselves so he'd be prepared for school. Yikes!

All of the districts in my area were closed, and our roads, driveways, and parking lots were sheets of ice. It got better as we got closer to FGRHS. If Teddy had been driving to school from home this morning, I would have called in and had him stay home.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Be careful!!! Hope it starts to clear up soon! (We have ice all over everything except roads right now. It's very odd.)

Lori said...

We've had icy weather here also, but not as bad as you all! I'm not going out unless absolutely necessary. I'm hybernating, but I kinda like that!

Lisa said...

I know! The arrogance and inconsideration of some drivers is amazing!! The truckers and busdrivers are the worst, strangely enough! You'd think they'd seen enough of bad accidents in bad weather to give them some caution! Prayers for all on the roads during the Christmas season!!