Monday, October 15, 2007

Meditating on Scripture

The focus of my retreat was meditating on Scripture. It was really wonderful. We heard so much practical advice on how to do it and then were given the chance to go back to our rooms and try it for an hour. After the hour we came back to our meeting room and several people would share how their hour went. This was so helpful. It made the whole experience of Scripture meditation seem very do-able. After all, we had just done it! I will share more about the details in the next few days. And I did pray for all the readers of this blog.

Right now I'm pretty tired, having subbed all day today for "Daniel" who sometimes comments on this blog :-) But the kids were great. No problems. A full day of teaching is just pretty tiring. I don't know how teachers do it every day for nine months. And they need to write the lesson plans too and correct the papers! I just show up and follow directions. You have a great class, Daniel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you're rested, I'd love to read more about your retreat and the guidance you received on making Scripture reading 'do-able'!

God Bless you :-)

Anne said...

I really look forward to reading about your retreat! Please share when you get the chance. What part of Michigan are you in? I am in Grand Rapids..........

Blessings,
Anne

Mimi said...

I agree, teaching would be exhausting, every week when I finish my fortyfive minute class for Sunday School, I give thanks I am *not* a teacher!

I'm so glad it was a good retreat! Thanks be to God.

Rosemary said...

DEb, and Anne, I will write more about it. Not sure if I have the energy tonight. Anne, I am in Ann Arbor.

Mimi, thank you.