Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Football Cake





I thought I had everything under control. (That was my first mistake.) I had the cake all ready to go, prepared the pan exactly as they suggested, made the batter, poured it in....and guess what? My oven would not heat up!! It got to about 200 degrees and stayed there for about 45 minutes. I didn't know what to do. Finally, called my friend Pat who very generously allowed me to come over to use her oven, even though she wasn't going to be there! We had a nice family birthday party and Jim did like the "football cake."

My blog is not allowing me to post pictures anymore. It's so weird. I also can't link to anything and I can't change the font or color. Could it be a virus?

Happy Feast of Saint Francis!!!

Jim just came by and showed me I was looking at the template and not the compose tab. NOW I can post a picture. So, here is Jim with his football cake. :-)

7 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Hey, that cake looks good enough to eat! :)
Did you use a special pan or did you have to cut that up to get the "just right" shape? Inquiring cake-baking mommies want to know.
Happy birthday to Jim and congrats on his great football accomplishments too!

Michelle said...

Nice cake - all's well that ends well. Hope your oven "finds" itself.

Rosemary said...

Barb, it was a Wilton shaped pan I bought at Michael's Crafts. Do you have a Michael's? No I'm not that creative to cut up a cake into a football, although I am sure there are those that can. Thanks you from Jim.
Thanks, Michelle. Yeah, I'm hoping my husband can fix it.

Unknown said...

I made a basketball cake for my son's first birthday. My mother-on-law gave me the idea to bake the cake in a metal mixing bowl. It turned out great!

Mimi said...

Fabulous cake! Sorry about the oven, hopefully it is a quick fix.

Rosemary said...

Jodi, what a great idea. Thanks, Mimi.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!!!

The cake turned out perfectly! I am sure your friend loved being a small part of Jim's special day by offering her oven.

Ruthann