Sunday, July 23, 2006

John, the pianist

Today we take my son John to an international piano competition at a well known Conservatory of Music. He has been working for this competition for months now. Yesterday as we were finishing dinner he started playing. Although I have heard these pieces thousands of times now, his playing brought tears to my eyes. He is just such a jawdroppingly (new word?) good pianist and he has worked so hard for this. I just sat there in awe and appreciation. God's glory could be heard through our whole house.

Of course, I hope he does well in the competition. But no matter how well he does, I will remain as proud of him as I am right now. He has put his heart and soul into his music. He has taken his gift from God and really started running with it. I know that God is pleased.

John started piano at the age of four. He started at four because he was begging me to let him take piano lessons. We started with a wonderful Suzuki piano teacher named Cindy. He's had two other teachers since then. Every week for twelve years now I have taken him to his piano lessons. It is with great satisfaction and maternal pride that I now listen to the extraordinary results.

John, go knock their socks off. You're the greatest pianist I've ever heard!!

No comments: