Sunday, July 16, 2006

How's that for a little exercise.

My sister has just received her black belt in tae kwon do!! How cool is that? May I answer? That is very, very cool. I am so proud of her. She is almost 44 years old, a wife, a mother of two rambunctious boys aged 9 and 11, an artist (pencil and oil portraits), and a stay-at-home mom (You know, she does nothing.)

Mind you, she is not the athlete-type. She does not run 5 miles a day. She does not have a daily workout at the gym. In fact she started taking tae kwon do because her sons were taking it and she thought she could use the exercise. Since she was driving them there anyway.... About halfway through she thought do I really want to keep doing this. But she stuck it out and here she is! What was the hardest part? Memorizing everything--- the forms, the sparring, the self-defense!! Remember I said she was 44. She did this with declining estrogen!!! What an inspiration for us 40 and 5o somethings and beyond. She did it in about two years time. How's that for getting a little exercise!

What about her sons? The nine year old reached black belt a few months ago. The 11 year old is almost there. As my 14 year-old said, "I wouldn't want to try breaking into their house." LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»