Monday, May 14, 2018

A Happy Mother's Day

For mothers, Mothers Day is the day we celebrate our most important job on Earth, regardless of what other jobs we may have. I remember when my oldest son was born. I thought immediately that the event was so momentous that it made everything else in my life seem trivial, everything I had done before and everything I would ever do.

When you become a mother your heart expands exponentially. There is someone you would die for without hesitation. There is someone whose needs, at least for a great number of years, will always be more important than your own.

I had a lovely Mother's Day. My youngest daughter came home for the celebration!And helped make brunch with my husband. It was delicious. Eggs, gluten free pancakes, sausage- both link and patty, bacon, fruit....


My youngest son and his darling wife came over despite needing 
to be at a family Baptism, on Elle's side, in the afternoon where they were to be 
the godparents of newborn nephew Joseph!


My always busy son John was able to join us!! And even played the piano!!



The adoring aunts and godmothers of these two grandsons....Every woman there was a mother or godmother!

My youngest grandson Jude is the sweetest little guy. Always happy!


For a mom, the sweetest times are always spent with children and grandchildren. There just isn't anything better, is there? Even when the "children" are all adults the joy of just being in their presence is very difficult to describe. And the grandchildren....well, that is the subject of another post.

No comments: