Friday, March 10, 2017

Haven't written in this blog for a while. I've been busy. Busy with life, exercise, homemaking, prayer and reading, enjoying my two young grandsons, and trying to stay fit. It's amazing how the days fill up.

I'm trying to exercise every day. I wear a Fitbit and pretty regularly hit the 10,000 steps a day target. I'm also enjoying two, sometimes three, Pilates classes a week. Pilates is strengthening my core muscles (and all my muscles) while increasing range of motion in my joints. It feels really good.

Why spend time on fitness if what I really want to be doing is writing? Well, as I said, I have two young grandsons. I want to be able to keep up with them and stay healthy and strong enough to enjoy them for a long time. For me, that's a really important reason. I also want to stay fit to enjoy all the other wonderful aspects of life. I want to keep going!

Since the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit it's important to keep the temple in good repair, right?

I'm not an exercise person. It's not one of my favorite things to do, by any means. But I do thoroughly enjoy how I feel afterward. Maybe that's always the reason people like to exercise-- for the feeling afterward? I don't know.

So how to get to my writing....perhaps organizing my time better would help. I could make simpler, easier meals. Maybe get some help around the house....I'm working on it.

After finishing the above thoughts, I took the dog for a walk and it occurred to me that finding a time to write is not a matter of finding. It's a matter of making the time. And if I make the time only to discover that other essential priorities in my life are not being met, then maybe it's time to discern whether God wants me to write right now. Maybe it's just not the right time or priority.

No comments: