Friday, August 07, 2015

The New Grandbaby!

A lot has been happening in our family. A whole lot. Those of you who know us personally know that I have more  exciting news. But I have to catch up on new information about my grandchild.

On Mother's Day I found out that my oldest daughter was expecting a baby. Here are the promised photos of my falling apart.  We were out for dinner at Zingerman's Roadhouse, an excellent restaurant by the way, and a great place to go if you can't have gluten.


My final gift was in a tiny gift bag from which I pulled this little onesie. On it was written "Grandma's Favorite-- December 2015.


Naturally, I fell completely apart. In fact I was unable to do anything but cry for several minutes.

Everyone else was delighted too, of course.


Here is my daughter Anne, holding the precious onesie with me.

Husband Mike and I with the newly expectant parents, Anne and Zach!!

More recently, Zach and Anne made the decision to find out the sex of their new little one. It was to be revealed by the inside filling of cupcakes.



Since I could not have the cupcakes, I took the pictures!


So exciting!!! We found out the new little one is a boy!!!!!!!! (Most of us, for some odd reason, thought it would be a girl, thus demonstrating that you never know!!!!!!!!


Knowing that I would be finding out our granchild's sex that night, I just had to have a little outfit prepared to give him/her in advance.  I had a boy's outfit and a girl's outfit, the girl's outfit now having been returned.

Zach is a great Tigers' fan so the little baseball onesie was a no-brainer. Can't wait to see it with the little guy's belly bulging in the middle. :-)

God is good. All the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never was able to be pregnant at the same time as my sisters or friends, etc. THIS time I get to be grandma pregnant with my good friend! Teresa is also having a little baby boy! Due in Oct. When is your little fella due, Rosemary? Love and prayers with St. Gerard and Mother Mary for all. Suzanne

Rosemary said...

My grandson is due just before Christmas, Suzanne. I'm sorry, I didn't see this comment until just now. This is exciting!