Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Ann Coulter....Seriously?

Noted conservative Ann Coulter tweeted the following on August 16:
I don't care if @realDonaldTrump wants to perform abortions in White House after this immigration policy paper. http://bit.ly/1EvT3Ja
Well, that tells me quite a bit about Ann Coulter. I understand it was hyperbole. It was also a crass belittling of the abortion issue. Might it also reveal a touch (or more) of xenophobia on her part?

Ms. Coulter, what is so wonderful about Trump's immigration policy that makes you care not at all about the taking of the lives of unborn children? It almost looks like your contempt for immigrants, legal and illegal, is so satisfied by Trump's policy that it trumps your own sense of right and wrong.

Ann Coulter purports to be a conservative. In my book, conservatives don't make "jokes" about murders being committed in the White House. Nor do they make light of issues of such grave morality.

I've never read any of Ann Coulter's books. And I won't be reading any in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coulter's abortion tweet should be taken seriously. She has subordinated the pro-life cause to political expediency for almost two decades. Coulter is no friend to the pro-life movement (or the unborn).

See “Coulter’s Assault on Pro-Life Movement Continues” at http://wp.me/p4jHFp-9a.

Rosemary said...

Good to know, anon. She has sacrificed all credibility in my book.

Anonymous said...

Coulter has proven she is neither conservative nor pro-life.

See “Coulter Gaga?” at http://wp.me/p4jHFp-9s.