Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Things Are Not Always As They Appear

My daughter and son-in-law joined a local gym.  Now the rest of our family has too.

It's been great.  I've gotten a lot of exercise and I'm motivated to keep going.  It's important.

It's also been nice to be at a gym where the rest of the family belongs.  Sometimes we're there at the same time and, even though we are often exercising in different sections, I love seeing members of my family across the room.

This gym has a second floor track that winds around the classrooms, the cardio area, and the weights section.  I was walking the track one day as my son and son-in-law were involved in other activities.  Zach, my son-in-law, is very athletic.  A rugby player for many years, he is accustomed to body building work and often lifts weights.  As I came down the stairs from the track, I saw Zach finish lifting a large barbell.  I paused briefly on the landing and called to him, "Very impressive, " as I continued down the stairs.

A man next to Zach looked over at him and said with an eyebrow raised, no doubt, "Did you just get a cat call?"

Zach told me later.  I nearly died.  It NEVER occurred to me that no one there knows he's my son-in-law!!  Sheesh.  Gotta keep my mouth shut.  :-/

Things are not always as they appear!!  Another good life lesson.

No comments: