Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I drove my daughter to school early this morning and the weather was exquisitely beautiful.

Our streets are snow covered now, and there had been a light dusting of snow the night before which seemed to cover every little branch on every bare tree.  The dusted branches against the sky were like dainty doilies.  It was winter at its starkly beautiful best.  I wish I had had my camera.  The dusting was so thorough that trees in the distance almost had a fuzzy look to them. (And, no, it's not that I need new glasses.) :-)

Within a few hours the dusted effect had vanished like the morning dew.  Somehow it reminded me of the brevity of life.

A close friend's sister has just died in her fifties, having only lost her good health these last few months.

No one is guaranteed another day.  We only have today.  Let not a moment be wasted.

This is the day the Lord has made....let us rejoice!

No comments: