Friday, October 03, 2014

Thanking God for the Gift of Jim!!!


Jim at his college graduation weekend this past Spring.


Jim with parents Mike and me, and his two youngest sisters.



Jim with sisters Mary and Liz, and girlfriend Elle.

Twenty-four years ago this past Spring, I was in Florida convinced by telltale signs that I was miscarrying the child I was carrying.  I walked tearfully along the beach praying the words from Job, "Though you slay me, yet will I praise you."

Upon returning to Michigan I scheduled an ultrasound fully expecting the bad news that the baby was gone.  Instead my grief was turned to joy as I saw the one and only Jim turning two rapid somersaults on the ultrasound screen, at a mere 5 weeks or so from conception.  He was moving so quickly the doctor had great difficulty measuring his heart rate.

Today, Jim turns 23!  He's a graduate student in theology and we couldn't be more proud of him.

Happy Birthday, Jim!  May God bless you in every way!! I thank the Lord for the gift of your life!

God is good.  All the time.

No comments: