Friday, July 27, 2012

This is "Lucky."  She's not quite eight years old.  She is 1/4 Japanese Chin and 3/4 cavalier king charles spaniel.  We were present at her birth.  Her mother belonged to my dear friend Ann K.  

Is she not adorable?  She's one of the sweetest dogs we've ever had.

A few years ago Lucky was diagnosed with a heart murmur.  Cavaliers are prone to heart problems.  We had hoped that Lucky's Japanese Chin blood would serve her well against this vulnerability.  Unfortunately, that has not turned out to be the case.  Now she has congestive heart failure and it is advancing.  She's coughing, not eating much, and has labored breathing.  We all know that Lucky is approaching the end of her life.

I bought her some canned dog food today.  She's only slightly interested.

Please pray that Lucky will have a peaceful end and that our family will have every necessary grace to say good-bye.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How hard for you! She looks just like my best friend's dog! I'll be praying for you!!
<3 Kelsey

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose, I am just reading your blog after many months. I am so sorry about your dog. There is nothing like a dog. She is so precious. I'll be keeping you all close to my heart in prayer.
I know the emotional pain of losing a pet. God Bless.

Kittie (Roach)

Rosemary said...

Oh, Thank you, Kelsey and Kittie! She's still hanging in there. She's hardly eating anything and can't really go for a walk, but she's still going up and down the stairs. She pants most of the time....It's so sad.

Mimi said...

We lost our older kitty in May, I know exactly what you are going through, my dear.
Hugs, love, and prayers.