Thursday, March 01, 2012

Substitute Teaching

Off to substitute teach.

What is the most important item a substitute teacher must have, in my opinion? The class list! Fortunately, where I sub I am always able to get one.

The key to to the school is also VERY helpful, if you have kids young enough to need recess.

Patience....you must have patience. Everything will not go perfectly. Find the child you can trust and ask him/her how the teacher does such and such. The teachers I sub for usually include the name/s of these kids in their lesson plans. Very helpful.

And pray for grace and peace.... :-)


2 comments:

Mimi said...

Grace and peace indeed. Although, your kids are blessed to have you ;)

Rosemary said...

I don't know how blessed they are, Mimi. It can be an opportunity for me to develop patience... not because the kids aren't good. They are. But because I tend to be lacking in patience :-)
Always good to her from you!