Monday, October 11, 2010

Women's Retreat!!

I came back yesterday afternoon from a wonderful retreat with the women of my parish. What a blessing it was.

For me, the recurring message was that we are not the savior. Jesus is. We do our part and leave his job to Him.

He is there. Always. Especially in our deepest needs. We do not need to do x, y, and z for Him to be at work in our lives. We do not summon Him to us. He is there, taking our cares upon Himself.

Yeah. Time to recognize in the depth of our hearts that without Him we can truly do nothing. And with Him? All things. In our weakest moments his mercy is the greatest. It's not up to us.

It was a beautiful retreat.

2 comments:

Roz said...

I concur. It was good to get to know you there, and I'm glad we've found each other's blogs.

Mimi said...

I love women's retreats, I'm so glad you got to go!