Saturday, May 10, 2008

Techno--Idiot

The other night I was trying to load some pictures onto my laptop.  I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I was in iphoto.  Everything looked good.  I just couldn't figure out what I was forgetting to click.  I even started to get annoyed with my computer like I used to.  The Apple is supposed to be so intuitive.  Why wasn't my intuition working???  I even walked away from it thinking I'll have to ask my Apple tutor next time I go.

It wasn't until later that I realized what the problem was.  Are you ready?

The camera was not connected to the computer!!  Yup.  I actually did that.  It was next to the computer.  But the little plug was not attached.  I was back in my days when I thought computers were so smart they should be able to read my mind.  Course, even reading my mind would not have helped put my pictures up with no connection!!!!

(Glad my kids didn't notice...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rosemary I do that all the time!

A few weeks ago I was in the office at the presbtery and Fr's wife said the computer was acting up...I thought, "hey, I'm a whizz with computers, I'll fix it in no time at all"

Well, no matter what I did, if I went left with the mouse , the little curder arrow went right, if I went right with the mouse, it went left....this went on for some time until eventually...I had a "DOH!" moment when I FINALLY realised that I was holding the computer mouse the wrong way around. We both laughed so much over that!