Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow can be so beautiful....




The sun reflecting on snow is so lovely. I don't know if these photos above capture it, but those of you who live in the North know what I mean. Such a gift from God during long winters. But it's almost March and it could be only weeks before the crocuses start to peak out from the ground, even if bravely through the snow. In the meantime we have the sparkling diamonds of sun on the snow....when we have a sunny day, that is, which this year has been pretty often.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was shocked to discover that my irises are already 2 inches above ground! They're in a raised bed, so the ground is warmer. I hope they are hardy enough to withstand the remainder of our winter weather!

Rosemary said...

Ruthann, how cool! There is hope! (Or those irises are really confused. It's been awfully cold.) May they be hardy!!

AnneMarie said...

no snow here... not even a flake!! so nice of you to share...
I hope to join your blog roll soon. I too am a Catholic raising a Catholic family...

Mimi said...

Gorgeous!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Love the pictures!

Cath said...

Thank you for sharing your snow. It does make the world look prettier and brighter, doesn't it?

Maryellen said...

Thanks for the snow photos. What a familiar sight for me, and I love it.

It makes me homesick. I spent 67 years in IA, NE and IL. (9 yrs in CA and 3 yrs now in TN.)