Friday, December 07, 2018

Another Celebration

The end of Thanksgiving dinner marked the beginning of another family celebration: a slightly early birthday celebration for my second oldest grandson.


My daughter-in-law had the ingenious idea to make a cake like a baseball, to match the sport themed balloons we had bought. She thought she would use a pie pan as the mold. I have to confess I had my doubts. She used a glass pie pan which I think she greased and floured. It came out of the pan nicely!


She then put berry jam in a baggy and piped the lines of a baseball on it. After that, she used little slices of fruit snacks to form the stitching on the ball. It was quite impressive. I have a very resourceful daughter-in-law.

Happy Second birthday, Little Guy! I don't use his name because his parents avoid an online presence and I want to respect that.





Such a cutie, and looking so much like his father as a baby I am always taken aback...


It was a great opportunity, when the whole family was present, to celebrate another milestone event! It's rare these days to have everyone together, and what a precious time it is.


God bless you, Little One, on your birthday and throughout your entire life!!

No comments: