Thursday, November 01, 2018

Halloween Fun

 Ok, I know many people object to the "celebration" of Halloween and I respect that. For me, the day has always been about family fun, embracing our neighborhood community, indulging children with something they love (CANDY!) and having fun.


I  had the privilege of attending the Halloween festivities at the Ann Arbor Public Library with my daughter and two of my grandsons. Blaise (above) was a train engineer...


And Jude was a cowboy! Are they not adorable? Sorry, can't help myself. It's a grandma thing.


I'm sure I had this silly grin on my face the whole time. Grandchildren are just such a joy!


My daughter-in-law is a youth librarian at Ann Arbor District Library and is she ever good at what she does. The youth librarians put on several skits based on children's books--- SO well done. Then the kids could wander around collecting candy from the library employees. Wonderful family event. The AADL Does a great job on community events like this.


I realized the morning of Halloween that we hadn't even purchased a pumpkin. So I bought one of the few remaining pumpkins at Busch's, which happened to be a pretty large one, and prayed I wouldn't hurt my newly fixed back getting it into and out of the car. (Shoutout to my chiropractic son-in-law Zach Simkins and Foundation Chiropractic) Got it into the house successfully, googled pumpkin stencils and managed to carve this with an hour or two to spare before trick-or-treating. Go blue! Felt pretty proud of myself-- and I DID NOT re-injure my back, thanks be to God!

Happy All Saint Day! All you holy men and women, pray for us!

No comments: