Thursday, June 21, 2018

Babysitting Grandkids-- A Distinct Privilege

I have the distinct privilege and special blessing to be able to babysit two of my grandsons usually at least once a week. Warms my heart.

This is looking out the sliding glass door of our new room. My garden shoes with Blaise's waterproof sandals. It had been muddy the previous time we were out in the back yard so we left our shoes on this step. This time we walked right in, but Blaise thought they should be left outside and promptly left them arranged like this. Such a sweet scene. Nana's shoes and Blaise's shoes. I loved it. (So much that I took a picture!) 


And then there are moments like this one when Blaise got up from his nap but was still a little too groggy to want to jump right in to playing. I held him on my lap until he wanted to get down.


 Sometimes I take the two of them, Blaise and Jude, for a walk. This works especially well when they're tired. Wasn't expecting BOTH of them to fall asleep at 11 o'clock in the morning though. I let them take naps there while I stayed on the porch and worked on my laptop.


 What joy this little face brings me.


And THIS little face. Baby Jude is getting so strong he can do a plank!

And how I am anticipating spending time with the grandson who lives in a different state! Soon I will be visiting him for two weeks, helping with his care. It's a special treat to be with him because he is so much further away. Love him to pieces and miss him so much.


And caring for Joey is a bit like going back in time because he is the image of his father as a baby.


God is so good. Throughout life we are repeatedly given opportunities to experience delight. At this time in my life my great joy is being with this next generation...my three grandsons.

Thanks be to God....

No comments: