Wednesday, January 31, 2018

We Needed More Room!!


For years I have longed for more room in my house, especially on holidays. As a family of eight we always just made do. There was no other choice.


We have an Amish table that we expand for family gatherings as pictured above. The table is turned sideways from it's normal orientation. But we can't expand it to its full length because there was no room long enough to accommodate it. And we have to still be able to open the oven. :-)


When the table is turned sideways (the only way we can seat 18 or so people on holidays) the person sitting in front of the refrigerator has to get up when we need something from the fridge. And the people sitting in front of the buffet table have to scoot in or get up when someone goes back for seconds, after we're all seated. Let's just say we are really crammed in on holidays.

I think the final straw for me was a few years ago on Christmas. My nephew Mitch wanted to lie down after dinner, without being separated from all the fun and activities. There was no room. He crawled under a coffee table. That was the only space. I remember navigating around the legs of the table to pull an afghan over him. In my mind I thought that's enough. We need more space.

So....good news. We are building a big new room on the back of our house. I can't believe it. It's so exciting.




God has been very good to us. May this extra space be used for His glory. More pictures to come.

2 comments:

Salome Ellen said...

The new room will be amazing! I'm so glad you get to do this.

Rosemary said...

Thank you, Ellen!